onsdag 2. mars 2011

Turn your bath tub into a baby bath with a BabyDam

Product name: BabyDam (http://www.babydam.com/)
What is it?This is a good idea that I want to promote although it did not work well for us in our current bath tub. It is a dam made of a blue rubber material that in theory ‘blocks off’ part of your large ordinary bath tub to become a baby bath – saving water and making it quicker to fill up the bath for your little one
Why did it catch my attention?Having spent time with an impatient baby waiting for the bath to get ready and having struggled to make a baby bath work well in a relatively small bath room, I saw the BabyDam at a competing baby gadget blog and thought it might be the answer to our challenge
How old was my baby when I bought it?A little bit more than 7 months, but this product is relevant from when you start bathing your little one for real (we started at approximately 2 weeks, but I would have waited until he was stable enough to sit on a bath support rather than a ‘floating cushion’ that we used until he was ~4 kilos heavy before I tried the BabyDam in our tub)
What value does it add for us?If it worked it would have saved water and waiting time
What does it replace?Using the whole big bath tub or one of the various baby baths on the market
How did my baby respond to it?He thinks it is a toy and turns around to try to chew it!
How much does it cost?£27,50 with free shipping in mainland UK
Can I see any drawbacks?For us it did not work as the water leaked through the dam – but I am hoping that it was because of our bath tub and not the BabyDam itself. The intense blue colour turned out to be distracting for my son, who turned around and got more difficult to clean than before we got the BabyDam

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar