torsdag 4. november 2010

Flexible bedside cot to make mummy's life easier while nightfeeding

Product name: Babybay Bedside Cot (www.nctshop.co.uk/Babybay-Bedside-Cot/productinfo/4361)
What is it?A cot on wheels, where one of the sides can be removed to allow you to hook the cot on to your own bed. It can also be used as a stand-alone cot
Why did it catch my attention?Before my son’s birth, I was recommended by a friend with 1 year old twins to keep him sleeping close to me for as long as he would wake up during the night to feed
How old was my baby when I bought it?I bought this before he was born and have used it since the first night he lived with us
What value does it add for us?My son sleeps in his own little cot next to me, which makes him feel safe and is very convenient for me when having to feed in the middle of the night. We sometimes add the flexible side and use it as a stand-alone cot in other rooms in our flat
What does it replace?A stand-alone cot, moses basket or baby sleeping in the parents' bed. As the ‘food-machine’ I save time and energy at night since I don’t have to get up and go to a different room to feed him
How did my baby respond to it?It took a few nights before he felt comfortable not sleeping in his mummy’s bed or on one of his parents’ chests, but once he got used to it he sleeps very well in there
How much does it cost?£250 at the NCT webshop
Can I see any drawbacks?I have not yet tried to get him used to sleeping in his own room, which I imagine must be trickier when coming from a bedsite cot than something more standalone. Some fathers will have objections to the baby sleeping in the parents’ room. The mattress size (86x46 cm) is a non-standard one, which makes it tricky to find bed linen and fit items like Easidream (see separate post)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar