søndag 12. desember 2010

A smiley face to grab and play with!

Product name: Polynes Cha Cha Cha Maraca-bee (http://www.polynes.fr/)
What is it?A bright-coloured maracas with a nice, big smiley face on its ‘head’ and a grab-friendly handle. I am not sure if this product originally was intended for babies, but my son loves it anyway!
Why did it catch my attention?This was a very spontaneous purchase in a small design store in Notting Hill, while waiting for the baby cinema to start. To the extent that there was a logic behind this purchase it must have been that it was when my son was at the age where babies love to look at faces with clear contrasts, before their eyes are developed enough to distinguish nuances
How old was my baby when I bought it?He was 5 weeks old
What value does it add for us?In the beginning he found the combination of the smiley face and the ‘maracas-noise’ entertaining, he then moved on to grabbing it to use to practice eye-hand coordination and now when he is teething he tries to chew it! Because it is small it is easy to bring along and to distract him with at the changing table, when waiting in boring queues and in the inconvenient changing room at the baby swimming pool
What does it replace?This toy serves the same purpose as for example the black & white shapes and books with black and white faces, various toys designed to promote eye-hand-coordination and musical toys such as the lovely lion from the Tiny Love Gymini Monkey Island baby gym
How did my baby respond to it?He smiles, laughs and can’t stop shaking it
How much does it cost?I paid around £15, and the Pylones US website sells it for $16
Can I see any drawbacks?It was not (I think) originally designed for babies, so not sure if it meets official security certifications – the paint might for example not be very healthy to chew

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar