mandag 25. oktober 2010

No more fumbling in the dark while nightfeeding

Product name: Lifemax Light Sensitive Night Light (http://www.lifemaxuk.co.uk/)

What is it?A night light with sensors that turns the warm, orange light on when it gets dark in the room and switches it off again when it gets light. According to the producer it is targeted at older people but it is very helpful for anyone who needs some light in a room during the night – like breastfeeding mothers or children who are afraid of the dark
Why did it catch my attention?My husband bought these lights after the first night at home with our baby, when we discovered how inconvenient it was to breastfeed in a completely dark room
How old was my baby when I bought it?1 day, but seen in retrospect we should have bought them before he was born
What value does it add for us?No more fumbling around in the dark to find the breastfeeding cushion, the nipple cream and the baby. It makes nightfeeds much smoother and without knowing I assume that it is much more convenient (and safer!!) for the baby as well
What does it replace?Clumsy fumbling as described above
How did my baby respond to it?He seems to settle in to sleep more easily in a slightly lit room than when it was completely dark
How much does it cost?Around £20 for 2 lights on Amazon
Can I see any drawbacks?Not that I can think of

1 kommentar:

  1. This was brilliant! I had a few nights in the beginning where I put a red towel over my bedside lamp. This produced a soft, comfortable light that didn't wake us all up. Worked fine until I fell asleep, forgot about the lamp, and woke up a couple of hours later and found the lamp shade slightly burned... Neithless to say, I didn't do it again... After some time I learned to manage in the dark, but I'll definitely try to find a lamp like this if we have another baby.

    SvarSlett