onsdag 26. januar 2011

A tandem tooth brush to teach babies how to brush their teeth

Product name: MAM Learn To Brush Set (Mam Learn to Brush Set, 6 Months, Colors May Vary)
What is it?Two baby tooth brushes – one with an extra long handle that parent and baby can hold simultaneously so that the baby can be guided in how to use the brush correctly and one ‘normal’ brush for the baby to use alone once he/she has gotten his/her head around what to do
Why did it catch my attention?The day I found the first tooth in the bottom gum of my son’s mouth I realised that I did not have anything in the house that could be used to clean it! I found this brush at our local Boots store and liked the idea of learning together before he gets old enough to be able to brush his teeth himself
How old was my baby when I bought it?He was 6 months old, but the relevance of this product is linked to (a) the arrival of baby’s first tooth and (b) timing for weaning. The Scandinavian sources I have read recommend to start cleaning your baby’s teeth from the moment the first one appears
What value does it add for us?I was able to brush my baby’s teeth while making him feel included. The pedagogic effect is yet to be proved over time…
What does it replace?Other tooth brushes, alternatively using a cotton stick to clean your baby’s teeth
How did my baby respond to it?In the same way as he does with weaning spoons – he grabbed it and wanted to play with it!
How much does it cost?Around £2-2,50 at my local Boots in West London
Can I see any drawbacks?With a baby grabbing the toothbrush to ‘help’, the process is not especially smooth – but at least with my baby this would be an issue regardless of toothbrush!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar