søndag 13. februar 2011

Raincoat for weaning babies - UPDATED

Product name: Lapp på Lapp 416 Förklapp Laban gul (http://shop.textalk.se/se/shop.php?id=12282)
 
What is it?A bib with arms, made from a raincoat-like material and with a handy ‘pocket’ at the bottom, which protects baby’s clothes when eating solid foods
Why did it catch my attention?This was a Christmas present for my son from his grandmother – very well timed as we started weaning him only a few days before Christmas and quickly discovered the new challenge of avoiding to get vegetable puree all over him when eating
How old was my baby when I bought it?He was 5,5 months when he got it, but it is helpful from the day you start weaning your little one
What value does it add for us?It keeps the colourful, orange, carrot-based vegetable puree that has become his favorite dish at lunchtime from splashing all over his clothes
What does it replace?Other bibs, using a raincoat when weaning or unnecessarily frequent washing
How did my baby respond to it?He lets me put it on without protesting and seems to like the funny ‘Spöket Laban’ pattern
How much does it cost?SEK 140 at the Lapp på Lapp webshop
Can I see any drawbacks?At the very early stage of weaning where my son is for the moment, it would have been even better if his fingers were covered by built-in gloves as well since he tends to get it all over his fingers and then use them to spread the food all around his face, nose, eyes etc.

** SINCE THIS POST WAS WRITTEN I HAVE FOUND AN EVEN BETTER PRODUCT: SILLYBILLYZ LA-LÄTSCHEN**


The main advantage with Silly Billyz is that the back is closed with a popper instead of tying two laces together as on the Spöket Laban one. Otherwise a fairly similar product and still no gloves!

1 kommentar:

  1. I can also recommend this product:
    http://www.babybjorn.com/us/products/kitchen/eat-and-play-smock/eat-and-play-smock/

    SvarSlett