fredag 10. desember 2010

Eco-friendly torch-toy!

What is it?An eco-friendly torch (shaped like a toy) that does not have a battery but uses the same principle as a bike dynamo to generate energy – you wind it up by squeezing it! It has a strap that makes it easy to hang on stroller hooks
Why did it catch my attention?For the same reason that it would catch children’s attention – it looks like a toy and it is fun to use! I came across it in an outdoor store on my street when I was looking for a small torch I could keep in the buggy to (a) make it easier to find things in pockets etc in the dark and (b) make other road-users aware of our existence on dark roads during autumn and winter
How old was my baby when I bought it?He was 4 months, but the need for this product is more related to the parents’ needs that the baby’s. I could also imagine this being a loved toy for older children (5-10 years old)
What value does it add for us?An example of when I was very glad to have it has been over the last 3 days since the light in out elevator has gone and we have literally been in the dark when trying to get up to our floor while avoiding an overloaded buggy to fall over!
What does it replace?Any torch that is handy to hang or store away in a buggy. It also complements, but does not entirely replace, buggy reflectors
How did my baby respond to it?He thinks it is a toy and loves the black & white pattern of the cow shape that I chose (it comes as bats, pandas, tigers, penguins, pigs, dogs, canaries and Father Christmas as well)
How much does it cost?Around £6 at Blacks
Can I see any drawbacks?You might get tired of winding it up before it illuminates and there is a 1:5 relation between winding time and illumination time that makes it hard work if you need to use the light for long periods of time

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar