torsdag 9. desember 2010

The tag is the toy!

Product name: Velour Raggy-Tag Baby Blanket (http://www.raggy-tag.com/)
What is it?A piece of cloth with 24 tags in different colours and materials along the sides made for babies who love sucking tags and labels of clothing and toys
Why did it catch my attention?I found it in a baby store in my neighbourhood here in West London and found the idea so funny that I wanted to support it
How old was my baby when I bought it?A couple of weeks, but this item is suitable from the moment a baby starts to enjoy discovering different textures and putting them in his/her mouth – sometime around 3-4 months of age
What value does it add for us?It is another thing that my son can use to discover and stimulate his senses – and the mother finds the innovation itself entertaining!  
What does it replace?Soothing cloths, sucking the tags with laundry advice on clothes, muslin squares, blankets etc.
How did my baby respond to it?He was too young when I bought it, but when he was around 3 months he started to like exploring the different materials and sucking the tags
How much does it cost?Between £15 and £20 on the Raggy-Tag webstore
Can I see any drawbacks?It is made of a material that does not breathe if a baby puts it over his/her head, so I would be careful not to give it to too young babies

2 kommentarer:

  1. hehe, my kid won`t fall asleep without his cloth with the tag in his mouth. We have to get up at night to put it back in, just like a pacifier.This is an excellent christmas gift for our 10 month old:)

    SvarSlett
  2. Thanks for making me aware of this additional benefit, Lise B. I have now updated the tags for this post to include 'Sleep'!

    SvarSlett