torsdag 6. januar 2011

The hidden treasure of the Tiny Love baby gym! :-)

Product name: The tummy time cushion from the Tiny Love Gymini Monkey Island baby gym
What is it?This is a bean-shaped cushion intended for tummy time training that has proven to be so useful that I think it deserves its own post here on the blog
Why did it catch my attention?It actually did not – this cushion just happened to be part of the package when I ‘emergency-bought’ a playmat so that my son would have some entertainment while stuck for a week far out in the Scandinavian countryside
How old was my baby when I bought it?He was 4 months, but I can see a number of ways it could have been useful for us from birth
What value does it add for us?This cushion has so far (2 days after we bought it) served as
a) Tummy time support
b) Head cushion in the buggy
c) Support for my son’s lower back during his first attempts to sit up
d) Head support to avoid a flu-ridden little boy with a blocked nose from ‘falling off’ a mattress that was slightly elevated at the head end to help him breath more easily
e) Entertainment - my son loves looking at the colourful garden pattern with two rabbits and a turtle

What does it replace?
A number of different cushions that could do the same jobs as mentioned above + baby books for the purpose of entertainment
How did my baby respond to it?Very well, for all different ways it has been used so far
How much does it cost?This item is unfortunately (as far as I know) not sold independently, but has to be bought together with Tiny Love Gymini Monkey Island
Can I see any drawbacks?Using it as a head cushion or head support is only advisable once your baby’s head and neck are strong enough for it not to cause difficulties for them to breathe. The polyester material is flammable and can’t be washed in water

**ADDITIONAL USE DISCOVERED THIS XMAS**


My son has over the last few weeks started to sit up, but he is still too wobbly for most highchairs. This cushion once again proved useful for a different purpose than originally intended when his grandmother piled it up in front of him in the highchair so that he could participate in the cristmas dinner. Thanks again Tiny Love for this clever invention!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar